I fell for the ocean, quite literally

That title above is self explanatory. During a trip from Tarakan to Nunukan by a hi-speed ferry, i fell just before boarding the ship, at the lower part of the dock. The reason? It was slippery. Like, very slippery. Because of the tides, the lower part of the dock will be submerged sometimes. I could tell by the mussels and the thin layer of mud. But i was pretty ignorant, and a lil bit overconfident, thinking that i wouldn't fall since several times during my sea patrol duties, i never fell even once. So this is the first lesson of it; arrogancy could be your first step to downfall, quite literally.

Next question, why did i came to the lower part of the deck?
Well, just like those careless internet personality who fell from a tower, bridge or anything, i wanted to get a good pict. And this is the last pict i took.

Pretty lame for the price. The pain is temporary, but the memory . . .

The second lesson: watch your steps, quite literally. We might already heard that caution a thousand times (at the comnuter line or the city bus station), but did we really took caution? Did we really mind our step carefully? Maybe not, just like me. And sometime, a small mistake we did could severely affect our moment.

Fortunately, an officer from Tarakan Customs helped me and bought me wet tissues to clean myself. I have to ask for his name and thanked him personally. During the 3-hours voyage i had the chance to change my dirty clothes (which luckily i still had some spare).
Lesson three, always be prepared for the unexpected things. Like i'd been wrote on this blog long time ago, always pray, do and hope for the best, but prepare for the worst.
That's all folks. Thank you for reading, and don't forget to watch your steps.

Komentar